MULIEBRITY September 12 2012
The Just Another Project Space at S&N is currently in the midst of a massive transition phase. From the primal feel of Taylor White’s Base Nature exhibition, which ended a couple of days ago, the space in now being transformed to host the ultra-feminine Muliebrity.
As a female artist Bec’s work explores her experiences of life through being a women and through the women around her who have inspired strength and love. ‘Muliebrity’ is a collection of works that follow this path by embodying the qualities of being a woman. Each work is delicately detailed, depicting the gentleness of the feminine psyche, the strength and mystery of her emotions and the appeal of her physical beauty.
1. The state or quality of being a woman, the features of woman’s nature.
2. The coordinate term to virility, in an analogy with the coordinate terms of femininity and masculinity.
3. Femininity, specifically the feminine form of an adult woman.
4. Attainment of womanhood; (medicine) state of puberty in a female.
5. A state of womanhood, in contrast to maidenhood.
For those (few) of you unfamiliar with Bec’s beautiful female portraits below is a mind bending time-lapse vimeo of Bec creating a new portrait for the Semi-Permanent creative conference earlier in the year.
Vimeo thanks to www.becwinnel.com
Enough said (and seen)! See you all Friday between 6 and 9 then…